Search This Blog

Sunday, 22 July 2012

2012-07-23 Activity - 5k Loosener

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/202148097

Just needed to release some pent-up nervous energy leading up to race day.  Not used to being idle this much.  Had problem sleeping last night.  So ended up mentally running the race 100 times over just last night alone.  4:30-4:35 for the first 7k.  Then 4:45-4:50 for the one and only major climb over the next 3k, then back to 4:30-4:35 for the next 11k.  I can't recall the number of times I have imagined the relaxed and energised state I want to find myself in at the half way point.  Can't under-estimate the power of visualisation :)  Have a 6k tempo run tomorrow, and feel like going out to do a flat out 5k time trial and see how fast I can go (suspect I can go sub-20 again), but I won't - now is not the time to be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment